As a WellSense MassHealth ACO or MCO member, you may qualify for these additional benefits
WellSense offers bike helmets to MassHealth enrolled children up to 17 years old. When requesting a bike helmet, please have the child's head size in inches. The most accurate way to measure your child's head size is by using a tape measure. Limitation of 1 per size.
|Head Size||Helmet Size|
|20-21 inches (50.8-53.34 cm)||Extra Small|
|21.5-22.5 inches (54.61-57.15 cm)||Small/Medium|
|22.75-24-5 inches (57.78-62.23 cm)||Large/Extra Large|
Did you know?
- Massachusetts state law requires children who are 16 years old or younger to wear an approved helmet
- The helmet must fit the child's head and the chin strap must be securely fastened
- Bicycle foam slows down the movement of the brain if an accident occurs
- Safe cyclists wear a helmet every time they go biking
How Do I Get My Bike Helmet?
Call WellSense Member Services at 1-888-566-0010 to request your free bike helmet.
Car seats play an important part in keeping your children safe while riding in a vehicle. As a WellSense member, each child between 5-65 lbs. can receive an infant seat once per lifetime. When your child is between the ages of 4-8 years old, they are eligible for a booster seat which we will send to replace the infant seat, once requested.
Pregnant mothers can request a car seat 45 days prior to their due date.
Having twins? We will send you two infant seats for your WellSense-enrolled children
|Infant Car/Booster Seat Chart|
|5-65 lbs.||Infant/toddler seat (can be front- or rear-facing)|
|4-8 years old||Booster seat until 110 lbs.|
Did You Know?
- Massachusetts state law requires all children under 8 years old and less than 57" tall be properly fastened in a federally approved car seat or booster seat
- Many times, child restraints are used incorrectly
- When your child is too big for an infant car seat, a booster seat should be used instead
- Many booster seats have a maximum weight of around 100 pounds
- Booster seats position a child to allow the car's seat belt to fit properly, and protect and restrain the child
How Do I Get My Car/Booster Seat?
Call WellSense Member Services at 1-888-566-0010 to request your free car or booster seat.
Dental kits are available to WellSense members from age 4 to 65. Each qualifying member is eligible to receive one dental kit every year.
- A new kit can be obtained each year by calling our Member Services Department
- Kits include a toothbrush, toothpaste and floss
How Do I Get My Dental Kit?
Call WellSense Member Services at 1-888-566-0010 to request your free dental kit.
If you are a WellSense member who has delivered a baby and has a postpartum visit within 1-12 weeks after delivery, you can get free diapers* in a few simple steps:
- Schedule a visit with your doctor or midwife for a postpartum visit between 1 and 12 weeks after giving birth.
- Download this form and bring it to your doctor or midwife when you go for your postpartum visit and have them complete and sign it. English | Spanish
- Choose a diaper size for your new baby and complete the member information on the form.
- Mail the completed form to us at the address below or ask your provider’s office to fax the form to 617-951-3411.
Attn: Quality PPV
WellSense Health Plan
529 Main Street, Suite 500
Charlestown, MA 02129
WellSense members must have delivered their baby, completed their postpartum checkup with their doctor or midwife within 1-12 weeks after delivery to be eligible to receive a free box of diapers from WellSense. You must be a WellSense member at the time of your postpartum visit to receive a free box of diapers.
Please allow 4-6 weeks for shipping.
* One box of diapers per WellSense member per pregnancy
Get up to $200 Back for Joining a Health Club
After being an enrolled member for three months, and participating with a qualifying health club for three months of the calendar year you can get up to $200 back.
What is a qualifying health club?
A qualifying health club must offer both cardiovascular and strength-training exercise equipment. Typically, this includes:
- Traditional health and fitness clubs
- YMCA or YWCAs
- Jewish community centers
What clubs don't qualify?
- Martial arts centers
- Tennis-only or pool-only facilities
- Gymnastics facilities
- Country clubs
- Social clubs
- Sports teams or leagues