Determine if a Service Requires Prior Authorization
Before scheduling a behavioral health service, medical service or procedure, first confirm if the service is covered by Well Sense Health Plan, New Hampshire Medicaid, or one of our partners.
- Search prior authorization requirements using:
- If the service is for behavioral health (BH), durable medical equipment (DME), or outpatient radiology, after reviewing the prior authorization matrix, please contact our partners (listed in the matrix) with any prior authorization questions.
- If the service requires authorization, review the medical policies to see if there is a new policy for the service or procedure. You may also call our Provider Service Line.
- To understand what your patient’s plan covers, reference the Covered Service List for Well Sense Health Plan.
- Submit a prior authorization request by fax or online.
Next Step: Submit prior authorization request