Rides to Appointments
Need a ride to a medical appointment?
When you become a member of Well Sense Health Plan, we want to help ensure you are making every doctor's appointment necessary to stay healthy. If you need a ride to a non-emergency appointment for a Well Sense Health Plan covered healthcare service, we can help arrange it. This also includes appointments for services directly paid for by New Hampshire Medicaid.
How does non-emergency medical transportation work?
Well Sense contracts with Coordinated Transportation Solutions (CTS) to manage non-emergency transportation services. Call the CTS Member Line toll free at 855-739-4775 to set up your ride. CTS can arrange to do one of the following:
- Pay you for mileage from your home to your healthcare service and back if you have circumstances that prevent you from being able to afford the cost of transportation
- We will also pay your friends or family for mileage to take you from your home to your healthcare service and back
- Pay you to use public transportation to get you to your healthcare service and back
- Arrange for a taxi to drive you to and from your healthcare service
- Arrange for a specialty vehicle when needed, such as a wheelchair van or ambulance, to drive you to and from your visit
How do I set up my ride?
- Call CTS at 855-739-4775 in advance (at least 48 hours) in order to be paid back for your mileage
- Have your Well Sense Health Plan Member ID number and appointment information available when you call CTS. Your Member ID number is on your Well Sense Health Plan ID card
- A CTS Customer Service Representative will ask you simple questions to help you arrange a ride
Download the Medical Transportation Reimbursement Form. Print and bring it to your medical appointments.
You can find out more information about Coordinated Transportation Solutions and non-emergency medical transportation in your Well Sense Health Plan Member Handbook