Renew your coverage
You might have received a pink letter in the mail from the NH Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) with information on how to complete your redetermination. Redetermination is how the state checks to see if you still qualify for benefits like your health insurance.
Medicaid renewal: staying covered under New Hampshire Medicaid
Medicaid enrollees must renew their coverage each year through a process called redetermination. The federal government paused this process in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, but it has since been restarted. This means you should pay attention to your mail and act upon any notices you receive on this topic.
If you have questions or need help with reading or understanding your yellow letter, please contact the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services Customer Service Center toll-free at 1-844-ASK-DHHS (844-275-3447) and select option #3 or 603-271-9700, (TDD: 800-735-2964), Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET.
Update your information online
The quickest way to renew your coverage is online with NH EASY. Simply log into your NH EASYaccount today and update your information or submit the paperwork requested. If you don’t already have an account you can create one here.
Make sure you update your account on NH EASY before the federal government’s public health emergency ends. If you do not, you could lose your medical benefits. Right now, the public health emergency protects you from losing your health insurance coverage. This protection will only last at least until the public health emergency ends.
Update your account as soon as possible. This way you will avoid long wait times during the review process when the public health emergency ends. If you have any questions, please call NH DHHS at 1-603-271-9700.
NH Medicaid renewal FAQs
- Online at NH EASY (the fastest and easiest way to renew)
- Over the phone with the NH Medicaid office at 844-ASK-DHHS (1-844-275-3447)
- With an application assister found at localhelp.healthcare.gov
- In person at any DHHS district office
- By mail: Send requested information to the Central Scanning Unit, PO Box 181, Concord, NH 03302
You can also get free, non-biased help completing a Medicaid application or finding health coverage on the Marketplace through a New Hampshire healthcare Navigator:
- Health Market Connect at 1-603-309-2021
- First Choice Services at 877-211-NAVI (1-877-211-6284)
If you no longer qualify for Medicaid, you can visit healthcare.gov for more information about other health insurance options available to you, including about whether you qualify for assistance from the federal government for purchasing insurance on your own.
You can also get free help renewing Medicaid or finding insurance on the marketplace through the New Hampshire Navigator organizations, Health Market Connect (1-603-309-2021) and First Choice Services (1-877-211-6284).
You will probably need the information listed below for each person in your household, so gather as much as possible before you start.
- Personal information including Social Security numbers, birth dates, etc.
- Income and paystubs from employers; self-employment and other income, such as child support
- Expenses such as housing, car loans, medical care and dependent care
- Asset information including vehicles, life insurance, bank accounts, homes, property, etc.
- Current or recent health insurance and/or Medicare information
- Proof of status such as student status (if over 16), pregnancy, or employment termination