Reduce Asthma Triggers in Your Home
- Repair your roof leaks. Moisture causes mold.
- Avoid carpeting, stuffed animals and feather pillows/comforters.
- Use dust mite covers on mattress and pillows.
- Wash sheets and pillow covers at least every two weeks in hot water.
- Don't feed the cockroaches and mice! Keep your kitchen clean, cover your food and avoid clutter.
- Open a window when cooking.
- Keep bathroom clean.
- Don't use cleaners with strong scents.
- Vacuum your carpet and mop your floor.
- Replace furnace and vacuum air filters.
- Don't burn scented candles or incense.