Don't Let the Flu get you Down
Flu Season is Coming!
- Ask your provider about getting a flu shot at their office, and make an appointment.
- If you have school-aged children, make sure they get their flu shots, or nasal spray too. This prevents spread to you and others.
- If you decide to get a flu shot at a pharmacy or clinic in your community, make sure they accept our insurance. Search for a local flu clinic. Your children can get vaccines at school based clinics or their provider office.
- When you cough or sneeze, use a tissue or your inner elbow to cover your mouth – not your hands.
- Wash your hands often! Use soap and warm water or an alcohol-based gel.
- If you or your child are sick, stay at home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone.
- Remember, the flu and colds are caused by viruses – antibiotics won’t help! The best treatments are fluids, rest, and time.
For more information, call our Member Services line: 1-877-957-1300
Prevent Flu! Get a Flu Vaccine and Take Preventive Actions
Watch this flu prevention video from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)