Car and Booster Seats
Car Seats – At No Cost to You
Car seats play an important part in keeping your children safe while riding in a vehicle. As a Well Sense Health Plan member, each child between 5-65 lbs. can receive an infant seat once per lifetime. When your child is between the ages of 4-8 years old, they are then eligible for a booster seat which Well Sense will send to replace the infant seat.
Pregnant mothers can make a request 45 days prior to their due date. Having twins? We will send you two infant seats for your Well Sense enrolled children.
Well Sense Infant /Booster Seat Chart
|5-65 lbs.||Infant car seat (can be front- or rear-facing)|
|4-8 years old||Booster seat until 110 lbs.|
Did You Know*?
- New Hampshire state law requires children to ride in an appropriate child safety seat until they are 7 years old or 57 inches tall (whichever is reached first)
- Many times, child restraints are used incorrectly
- When your child is too big for an infant seat, a booster seat should be used instead
- Many booster seats have a maximum weight of around 100 pounds
- Booster seats position a child to allow the car's seat belt to fit properly, and protect/restrain the child
- Children should be kept in the back seat until around 13 years old
Call the Well Sense Member Services Department at 877-957-1300 to request your infant or booster seat – at no cost to you.
*Information from Center for Disease Control and NH Department of Health and Human Services