Spot Healthcare Kickbacks
Do You Know How to Spot Healthcare Kickbacks?
When a doctor or healthcare provider gives cash or anything of value as a way to tempt a patient to see a certain provider or get certain services, this is a kickback. It is illegal for providers to give or receive kickbacks. This doesn’t apply to items of little value, like a pen or a coloring book.
Here are some examples of possible kickbacks:
- Your provider’s office offers you a $20 gift certificate if you refer three friends
- Your child is given a free movie ticket during every well visit exam
- You find out your doctor will only refer you to a specific lab for blood work because he or she receives $10 for every patient sent
- Your provider’s office offers to pay your transportation and give you breakfast if you agree to have testing done
You can report kickbacks to us one of the following ways:
- Call the Fraud Hotline: 888-411-4959
- Email: FraudandAbuse@wellsense.org
- FAX: 866-750-0947
Well Sense Health Plan
ATTN: Special Investigations
Unit 1155 Elm Street, Suite 600
Manchester, NH 03101