Welcome to Sunny Start!
Our pregnant members can enroll in Sunny Start. This is Well Sense Health Plan’s care management program. Sunny Start helps moms and babies get the care they need during and after pregnancy. Well Sense members who enroll in Sunny Start get help from our care managers. The kinds of help we offer include:
- Personal care planning by our care coordinators for low risk pregnancies
- Personal care planning by our registered nurses for moderate or high risk pregnancies
- Access to a registered nurse skilled in caring for pregnant women and new babies
- Car seat for your baby – at no cost to you
- Help learning about about being pregnant
- Childbirth training
- Help getting to and from provider visits
- Help with checking eligibility and applying for WIC
- Assistance and reminder calls about postpartum care
- Help learning about preventing early labor and delivery
- Help learning about postpartum and newborn care
- Help to stop smoking (if you smoke)
- Help with drug and alcohol treatment and counseling if you need it
- Help with finding community resources like housing, legal help, and clothing
Make sure you and your baby get off to a Sunny Start with Well Sense Health Plan! Dial 1-855-833-8119 to enroll.
Learn more about pregnancy topics from our Health Library.
Get pregnancy tips delivered to your cell phone with the Text4Baby Program.