Frequently Asked Questions
In some cases, open enrollment is the only time you can apply for coverage all year unless you have a qualifying life event like getting married, losing your job, having a child, or losing health insurance coverage. See a full list of qualifying events.
|If you qualify for…||Open Enrollment|
|ConnectorCare||November 1 through May 23|
|Qualified Health Plan||November 1 through May 23|
In general, you must get all your healthcare services from WellSense network doctors and providers. The only exceptions are:
- If you need emergency care or treatment at the closest emergency room for serious illness or injury in a life-threatening situation
- If you need urgent care when you are traveling outside our service area
- If you need family planning services
- If WellSense (or Beacon Health Strategies for behavioral health services) gives prior authorization for you to get care from an out-of-network provider
We partner with Beacon Health Options to manage behavioral health services. Call Beacon for help finding a provider for behavioral health services. You can also access their online provider directory here.
- MassHealth members: 1-888-217-3501 toll-free, 24-hour behavioral health line
- ConnectorCare/Qualified Health Plan members: 1-877-957-5600 toll-free, 24-hour behavioral health line