WellSense is committed to providing quality and affordable medications for Massachusetts members through our prescription drug benefit.
Prescription Drug Overview
Our prescription drug benefit offers:
- Coverage of thousands of medications.
- Coverage of nondrug pharmacy items
- Coverage of some over-the-counter drugs like aspirin or certain allergy medicines
- See what medications, nonpharmacy items and over-the-counter drugs are covered:
- If there are limitations on your drug please see the ConnectorCare and QHP Formulary Guidebook for more information:
- Affordable copays for generic medications. Find out how much your prescription drug will cost below.
- Choose from more than 1,000 chain and independent retail pharmacies throughout Massachusetts to get prescriptions filled, or get certain prescriptions mailed to your home through our mail order program.
- Medications for members with rare or chronic health conditions. Your provider may obtain injectables and biotech drugs through our specialty pharmacy networks.
Picking up Prescriptions
You can pick up your prescriptions at a local pharmacy or have your daily medicines mailed to your home.
- Find a Pharmacy: Find a pharmacy or specialty pharmacy near you by using our tool. Certain medicines, like injectable drugs, are only available through specialty pharmacies. Your doctor will deliver your medicines to a specialty pharmacy and tell you where to pick them up.
- Mail Order Pharmacy: Get a three-month supply of a prescription mailed to you for the cost of a one-month supply and save a trip to the pharmacy. This is only available for certain medicines that you use every day (like high blood pressure or cholesterol medicines). You can enroll through our partner, Cornerstone Health Solutions, by calling them at 844-319-7588 or completing the Mail Order Enrollment Form and faxing it to (781)-805-8221 or emailing it to CornerstoneMailOrderPharmacy@BMC.org.
*WellSense Health Plan is the lowest-cost ConnectorCare plan in 6 out of 7 regions in Massachusetts. Please see the current year's ConnectorCare Evidence of Coverage and Schedule of Benefits for additional information, including which benefits, services and medications are covered or noncovered on our plan and any restrictions or guidelines we must follow before providing them. You can find doctors and hospitals in our network here see our privacy practices, and learn how we make sure you get the right care at the right time with our Utilization Management policy.