Keep Your Head Above Water
- Practice water safety rules with your family before going in or on the water
- Don’t go in alone! Be sure there is a lifeguard or responsible adult present when you swim
- Always obey the lifeguard and the rules of the pool or beach
- Keep your eye on the sky — don’t swim outdoors during or before storms or in strong winds
- Slather on the sunscreen before you leave the house
- Don’t go swimming directly after eating or you will get a cramp
- Take it slow near the water — no running!