Protecting My Family
How Can I Protect Myself from COVID-19?
Here are some helpful tips to protect yourself and your loved ones:
- Wash your hands often, especially after you cough and sneeze.
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose and eyes with unwashed hands.
- Clean things that you touch often (like doorknobs and countertops) with household cleaning spray or wipes.
- Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze. Use a tissue or inner elbow, not your hands.
- Stay home. If you must go out, stay 6 feet away from others, don’t shake hands or hug, and don’t gather in groups.
- Use our Mail Order Pharmacy Program. You can have your medications delivered directly to your door so you don’t need to leave your home. You may also be able to fill certain prescriptions early to help you limit how often you leave the house. Sign up to get medicines by mail.
- If you feel sick, call your doctor first to see if they can do a telehealth visit. If you have an upcoming appointment or have symptoms, call your doctor’s office to see if they can do the visit by phone. Not all doctors offer this service, so be sure to call and ask.
While it’s important to stay home in order to limit the spread of the virus, call 911 anytime you think you may need emergency care.