Well Sense Health Plan has contracted with the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) to serve New Hampshire Medicaid members. Well Sense is an experienced, not-for-profit leader in Medicaid and committed to providing high quality health coverage to our members.
It’s easy to find everything you need to work with us. In this section you can:
- Login to check member eligibility and view payments
- Search the drug formulary
- View all payment and clinical policies
- Review clinical practice guidelines
- View important network notifications
- New Hampshire Health Protection Program Launch - The New Hampshire Health Protection Program (NHHPP) generally offers coverage to individuals ages 19-64 that are newly eligible for Medicaid with incomes between 0% and 138% of the Federal Poverty Level. Open enrollment is underway.
NHHPP benefits include current New Hampshire Medicaid Care Management Program benefits plus substance use disorder and chiropractic services benefits.
Please see this Frequently Asked Questions document for details.
In addition, DHHS is offering special trainings for providers to help prepare for NHHPP go-live. You can find more information at the bottom of this DHHS website page.
- Meridian Health Plan announces its departure from the NH Medicaid program effective June 30, 2014. Well Sense will continue to provide coverage to Medicaid enrollees throughout the state. Learn more about the transition.
- Sleep Study Prior Authorization Time Period Extended - Due to feedback from our network providers, effective immediately and going forward, prior authorization for sleep study requests will be granted for three months from the date of receipt or three months from the scheduled date of service if indicated on the prior authorization request.
- ICD-10 updates take effect on October 1, 2015. Learn about the coming changes.
- EDI for easy claims submissions & fast payments. Sign up for electronic claims submission, remittance advices, online and real-time member eligibility look-up, and other e-services. Learn more.
Recently Mailed Provider Notices
- New Network Notification; sleep study reimbursement; claims editing software, November 17, 2014
- Meridian Member Transition - Functional Therapy Prior Authorization process, June 27, 2014
- Therapy rates and maximum unit limitations updates, June 16, 2014
- Formulary update, June 13, 2014
- Three reimbursement policy updates, May 1, 2014
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy policy, April 2, 2014
- Six policy updates, February 21, 2014
- Ten policy updates, December 20, 2013
- ICD-10 Updates: Find out what's coming.